Big congratulations to both Chay Bonnington, and Ben Sharples on being selected onto the Welsh Development Squad. Ben and Chay are the first from our Flyers training group to have been selected since we moved to the Llandudno slope a little over a year ago, in-spite of all the restrictions and lockdowns imposed due to the Covid virus control measures which have curbed training and competition.
The North Wales Snowsports Club is a voluntary organisation, who have a long and illustrious history in Snowsports.
From high performance ski racing (4 British Team & Squad members 1980's & 90's), high quality coaching, and a background & a continued interest in developing individuals into all areas of snow-sports. Including ski racing, instructor training, slopestyle & freestyle, backcountry and recreational trips & activities.
We welcome all levels of skiers and snowboarders (above beginner), and offer quality coaching and tuition, social events, and trips & holidays.
If you are interested in progressing in Snowsports, or would like to get involved, then come and get involved.
- We run several sessions a week for various levels (improvers and above), links to book below.
- Joining the club allows you access to our club sessions and coaches, and preferential rates for slope use at the John Nike Snowsports Centre. Click on 'Join the Club' in the menu to find out more info re joining.
- During non-covid restrictive times, we organise social events, competitions, and trips abroad and within the UK.
- We have an active, dynamic, and passionate membership and committee, and we try and get everyone involved where and when we can. You can contact us via our Facebook page, link in the footer below.
- We work & partner with other organisations to facilitate the best learning environment, pathways, and opportunities for our members, including: the National Governing Body - Snowsport Wales (SSW), and the John Nike Snowsports Centre.
Come join us.
And we'll see you on the slopes!
Our Regular Sessions
We run various sessions, and most require booking in advance. Click the link in the below events to book, or to find out more.
Our race training session is held at Llandudno at 6:00pm Wednesdays each week. We have experienced Coaches to help you improve your race skills with a view to competing in local and national ski races. You will need to be a member of the North Wales Snowsports Club to participate in this session.
Want to improve your skiing or boarding, beyond just cruising around? Are you too young, too old? Well not for this session! There will be experienced & qualified Coaches to help you improve your skills and welcome a range of experience.
Each Tuesday evening from 6 til 7.30pm the opportunity to come and have a board or ski for anyone intermediate and above. There is no formal tuition for this session but coach/coaches will be supervising the session and giving tips and advice as and when requested or required.
Each Saturday from 4 til 6pm the opportunity to come and have a ski, for anyone Level 5 and above, and receive quality coaching from our tutors to take you to your next level in snowsports.
Where we operate...
We operate our on slope activities on the Llandudno Snowsports Slope (John Nike Leisure Facility).
Address: Llandudno Snowsports Centre, Wyddfyd Road, Llandudno, North Wales. LL30 2QL.